While changing a flat isn’t tricky, it can be dangerous. Be prepared for any situation out on the road by taking precautions before you leave your house and also once you experience a flat tire. If you get a flat tire on the highway, then find a Nissan service center near Orlando, FL. At Universal Nissan, we perform Nissan car repair, including repairing and replacing tires. Take these steps to keep your family safe when your car gets a flat.
Inspect your supplies before a trip
Newer models alert you if your tires aren’t properly inflated. However, it’s crucial to check your spare tire, as well. Make sure that your tire is in your trunk and is in good condition. Then include these items, so you’re prepared for anything on the road.
- Lug wrench for removing lug nuts and your flat tire from the vehicle.
- A jack for raising your car for easy tire changes.
- Gloves and a raincoat to make your tire changing experience better.
- Tire wedges prevent your car from rolling while on the jack.
- Reflective clothing and extra flashers or flares provide additional visibility.
- A flashlight helps in low-light conditions.
Stay safe after you get a flat tire
With distracted driving hitting an all-time high, it’s crucial to protect yourself both on and off the road. If you experience a flat, then use your blinker to signal your departure from the road. Slowly move away from traffic. Try to put as much space as possible between your car and other traffic. Then turn on your hazard lights and set your parking brake.
Find a Nissan service center nearby
After a flat tire, it’s vital to get your car checked out and your spare tire replaced. At Universal Nissan, we’ll get you an appointment for a Nissan car repair in Orlando. With regular maintenance and car care, you’ll ensure that you and your family stay safe on the highway.