What's New with the Universal Nissan Website
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act, Universal Nissan's website is now equipped with a plethora of accessibility technologies designed for both visitors with disabilities and those who require assistive technologies when interacting with digital media.
Specifically, this update will allow devices enabled with assistive technologies to leverage an assortment of new functionality, including:
- Support of keyboard-only navigation
- Independent control of display contrast, font size, and font type
- Adjustable mouse pointer sizing
- Link highlighting
- Content desaturation
With this intuitive and easy-to-use functionality in place, those who require additional assistance interacting with this website (including viewers with situational disabilities, blind and visually impaired individuals, those with mobility impairments, and the elderly) will now instantly have access to the tools they need to enjoy the complete range of services and content offered by Universal Nissan. For all others, these features will remain unobtrusive and unnoticed as part of the standard viewing and navigating experience.
Why We're Making This Change
As far as why we have added this functionality to the Universal Nissan online experience, the reasoning behind this latest update is twofold:
- Accessibility for All Matters – Universal Nissan firmly believes that all of our online visitors and customers, regardless of their unique physical needs and requirements, should have access to a lightning-fast, easy-to-use website.
- A Better User Experience – Our customers expect the best user experience on the web, and this new functionality ensures that this always remains the case – and that you never let the chance to drive home in the vehicle of your dreams slip through the cracks due to limited accessibility.
As always, Universal Nissan takes great pride in keeping our website optimized and several steps ahead of the competition, thereby allowing you to continue focusing on what really matters: Finding the perfect car, truck, or sport utility vehicle (SUV) for your automotive future.
Going forward, you can also count on us to keep our website compliant with ADA best practices via regular audits utilizing Web Accessibility by Level Access and other similar tools recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). If any changes or updates are needed in the face of new information generated by these automated tests, you can rest easy knowing that Universal Nissan will have a cutting-edge update in place and ready to help you shop with confidence and ease as soon as possible.