- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- Chrome deck lid finisher
- Body color door handles
- Multi-reflector halogen headlamps
- Body color bumpers
- Body color pwr mirrors
- Front & rear passenger folding assist grips
- Immobilizer system
- Cargo area lamp
- Dual front & rear cup holders
- Driver & front passenger map pockets
- Roof mounted antenna
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Rear outboard adjustable headrests
- 4-way manual adjustable passenger seat
- Rear parcel shelf
- Tilt steering column
- Pwr rear trunk release
- Rear window defroster w/timer
- Passenger visor vanity mirror w/cover
- AM/FM stereo w/CD player-inc: (4) speakers, 120-watt amp
- Reclining front bucket seats w/adjustable headrests
- 12-volt pwr outlet
- Remote fuel lid release
- Battery saver
- Carpeted floor & cargo area
- Air conditioning w/in-cabin microfilter
- Suede-tricot cloth seat trim
- 4-way manual driver seat
- 15 steel wheels w/full covers
- Front wheel drive
- 1.8L DOHC CVTCS I4 engine
- P185/65HR15 all-season tires
- Independent strut front suspension w/stabilizer bar
- Torsion beam rear suspension w/stabilizer bar
- Pwr front vented disc/rear drum brakes
- Electric pwr steering
- 4-speed automatic transmission
- City 24/hwy 32 (1.8L engine/4-speed auto trans)
- 3-point ELR/ALR rear seat belts at all positions
- 3-point ELR driver seat belt w/pretensioner & load limiter
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Dual-stage front airbags w/occupant classification system
- 3-point ELR/ALR front passenger seat belt w/pretensioner & load limiter
- Child safety rear door locks
- Pipe-style side-door impact beams
- Front & rear side curtain airbags
- Rear child seat tether anchors (LATCH)
- Front active head restraints
- Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
The 2008 Versa sedan and hatchback are Nissan's entry-level models, slotted below the Sentra. It offers energy-, budget-, and safety-conscious consumers inexpensive entry into one of the safest and smartest small cars on the market.
With respective S model base prices of $12,630 and $12,730, and SL prices of $14,630 and $14,730, buyers get a strong 1.8L inline four making 122 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque and plenty of amenities usually reserved for more upscale segments. The six-speed manual transmission is standard on all models, while the four-speed automatic adds $800 to the base S and the Xtronic CVT is a $1,000 option on the better-equipped SL. The automatic is not available in SL trim.
Notable standard equipment on the S includes power mirrors, air conditioning, a CD player, a tire pressure monitor, and six air bags. The SL models feature 15-inch alloy wheels, upgraded cloth seat trim, power accessories, a six-disc in-dash CD changer, and an auxiliary audio input jack. A 60/40 split rear seat is standard on all hatchbacks and on the SL sedan.
A Sport Package in SL trim adds fog lights, unique fascias front and rear, lower body sill extensions, and a rear spoiler, while a Convenience Package adds Bluetooth and remote keyless entry and ignition. A Power Package can be ordered on the base car, and it installs power windows and locks, plus a remote keyless entry system and more. A sunroof, XM satellite radio, and a Rockford-Fosgate subwoofer are available on the SL, and the S now has available cruise control.
The 2008 Versa retains its functionally intuitive cabin design, making control of all dials and knobs a snap for driver and passenger alike. The car returns impressive fuel economy in all trim levels, with a model-best 27 city/33 highway coming from the CVT-equipped SL.
In safety tests, the Versa's combination of standard and available safety features can't be beat. Dual-stage front air bags, roof-mounted front and rear curtain air bags, active head restraints and ten other features come standard, while an ABS package with electronic brakeforce distribution and brake assist can be added for $250.
The 2008 Nissan Versa scores a five-star rating in NHTSA side-impact crash tests and the Insurance Institute of America gave the Versa its top score in frontal-offset and side-impact tests.
On the heels of a successful launch, the Nissan Versa enters 2008 with few changes. A $700 Sport Package is a new addition on the SL's option list and hatchbacks in S trim can now order cruise control. XM is now the only satellite radio provider for the model.