- AM/FM stereo w/CD player -inc: MP3/WMA capability, satellite radio capability, CD-text capability, aux audio input, auto sound leveling, (6) speakers
- Intermittent wipers
- Blackout front grille
- P205/55R16 all-season tires
- Multi-reflector halogen headlamps w/smoked lenses
- Color-keyed front & rear underbody spoiler
- Color-keyed pwr mirrors
- Temporary spare tire
- 16 steel wheels -inc: full wheel covers
- Fog/driving lamps
- Rocker moldings
- Color-keyed door handles
- 60/40 split-folding rear bench seat
- Sport optitron meters -inc: tachometer, twin tripmeters, outside temp indicator
- Driver seat height adjustment
- Dual visor vanity mirrors
- Digital clock
- 4-way front sport fabric bucket seats -inc: dual seatback pockets
- Anti-theft system w/engine immobilizer
- Metallic interior trim & door handle accents
- Dual front map lights
- Multi-information display -inc: average fuel economy, driving range, average speed, travel distance
- Remote releases -inc: hood, trunk w/cancel, fuel door
- Trunk lamp
- Leather-wrapped tilt/telescoping steering wheel -inc: audio controls
- Center console -inc: side pockets, storage
- Front & rear door pockets w/bottle holder
- (2) 12V aux pwr outlets
- (4) cup holders
- Air conditioning w/air filtration
- Remote keyless entry -inc: panic feature, remote illumination
- Auto-locking pwr door locks
- HD rear window defogger
- Dual glove compartments
- Torsion beam rear suspension
- 1.8L DOHC SFI 16-valve VVT-i 4-cyl engine
- Front & rear stabilizer bars
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension
- 4-speed automatic transmission w/OD -inc: intelligence (ECT-i)
- Electric-assist pwr steering
- Front wheel drive
- Front disc/rear drum brakes
- ALR/ELR 3-point front & rear seatbelts -inc: front adjustable shoulder belt anchors, pretensioners, force limiters
- Front & rear side curtain airbags
- Front seat-mounted side airbags
- Dual front airbags w/occupant sensors
- Vehicle stability control w/traction control -inc: off switch
- Child protector rear door locks
- Side-impact door beams
- Daytime running lamps
- 4-wheel anti-lock brakes -inc: brake assist, electronic brake force distribution
- Child restraint system w/LATCH anchors
- Front seat active headrests
- Direct tire pressure monitor
- Internal trunk release
- Energy-absorbing steering column
Two different engines are offered on the Toyota Corolla for 2010--a 132-horsepower, 1.8L inline-4 and a 158-horsepower, 2.4L inline-4. Both come with a standard 5-speed manual gearbox, while an optional 5-speed automatic transmission is available.
The Corolla comes in five different grades, including a base model, the mid-range LE, the well-equipped XLE, the sporty S, and the performance-oriented XRS. The XRS gets the more powerful 2.4L engine, while the rest of the lineup has the 1.8L.
Both engines come with Toyota's variable valve timing with intelligence (VVT-i) for improved response throughout their rev range while also improving fuel economy. With the 1.8L engine and 5-speed manual transmission (a combination only available on the base and S models), the Corolla brings estimated EPA fuel economy ratings of 26 city, 35 highway.
All Corollas get electric power steering, which helps provide better responsiveness at high speed plus lighter effort at low speeds, while also enhancing fuel economy. Refinement is said to be improved as well; the new Corolla incorporates noise reduction measures not common to small cars, such as a five-layer acoustic-glass windshield and partially shielded wiper blades.
Inside, the Corolla gets various improvements intended to increase comfort and convenience. For instance, the steering column tilts and telescopes, and the seats are designed to better fit taller drivers. All Corollas have a bench seat in back with space for three adults across. Back seats fold forward for a flat load floor that connects through the trunk. Center console side pockets, front-door pockets, an overhead console, a rear-seat center armrest and an extra storage space above the glovebox are offered.
XRS and XLE models include a multi-information gauge that includes readings for fuel consumption, driving range, average speed and elapsed time. These models also get bright white-lit Optitron gauges with red needles.
The list of standard safety features on the Corolla has been lengthened to include anti-lock brakes, traction control and vehicle stability control. Front seat-mounted side airbags and side curtain bags are also standard on all Corollas.
The base model includes air conditioning, intermittent wipers, a rear defogger, power mirrors, a 60/40-split folding back seat and a 4-speaker CD sound system. The LE trim adds power windows and locks, plus color-keyed mirrors. Stepping up to the XLE brings quite a bit more, including 16-inch wheels, keyless entry, a center console with armrests, woodgrain trim, and a six-speaker sound system with seatback pockets.
The S and XRS models give the Corolla a sportier emphasis. In the S, that includes fog lamps, front sport seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls and a chromed exhaust tip. The XRS, in addition to the more powerful engine, adds 17-inch alloy wheels, a scuff plate, a leather-trimmed shift lever and shift knob, cruise control, and a strut tower brace to improve handling.
Options at the top of the model range include leather seats, heated mirrors, an 8-speaker JBL sound system with 6-disc changer and Bluetooth hands-free phone compatibility, a navigation system, and a moonroof. 16-inch alloy wheels are available on the S, LE and XLE models.
Following a redesign last year, the popular Toyota Corolla sees no price increase on any of its trim levels for 2010, even though traction control and vehicle stability control are now standard. An optional 5-speed automatic replaces the optional 4-speed auto on 1.8L models. Otherwise, the Corolla remains largely unchanged.